GST Certification Course & Training in India – 2021
The GST certification course can be taken by graduates, CAs, company secretaries, financial and taxation professionals, and individuals who want career opportunities in these fields. It increases job opportunities, salaries, and develops skills.
The GST Certification Course is offered by the Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises). The aim of the course is to help businessmen, accountants, Chartered Accountants (CAs) Certified Management Accountants (CMAs), Company Secretaries (CSs), and other professionals to enhance their knowledge regarding the Goods and Services Tax by offering specialised, updated knowledge systematically, improving their problem-solving and analytical skills to enhance decision making, and imparting skills and knowledge required for self-employment and employment in the industry.
Who should take GST course?
- You are a business owner or manager and want to know how the GST regime affects your company’s business.
- You are a finance professional who wants to how GST registration transactions you work on.
- You are a lawyer or chartered accountant and want to know how to advise your clients on GST related queries and issues.
- You are an independent professional or consultant offering any kind of service and want to know how GST impacts your work.
- About the GST framework and the different components of India’s dual GST system
- The system of classification of tax liability
- The determination of supply of goods and services and when they can be classified as ‘inter-state’ and ‘intra-state’
- The concept of input tax credit and how is it availed of
- Liability to pay tax under the GST system and self-assessment
- The processes and institutions involved in the enforcement and adjudication of the GST system
Pattern of the Examination
- PAPER: GST Law & Procedures
- Time allowed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 100
- Language of Questions: English and Hindi
- Maximum marks: 200
- Qualifying marks: 100 No negative marking
Job Opportunities and Career Prospects related to GST Certification Course:
- GST opens job opportunities for finance and commerce graduates – The Hindu Business Line
- Job market seeks over 100,000 employment opportunities. The job market is looking forward to a big boost from the new GST regime and expects over one lakh immediate new employment opportunities, including in specialized areas like taxation, accounting, and data analysis. – Business Standard
- Consultancy firm Ernst & Young India. In its Indirect Tax practice, the firm has seen over 60 percent increase in hiring. All the hiring were related to GST” – Sudhir Kapadia, National Tax Leader, EY India.
- GST will generate 10 lakh job opportunities” – Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar
Benefits of GST Certification Course
The following are the benefits of the GST Certification Course
- It helps in raising an individual’s salary by 15% to 25% on average.
- It increases the number of job opportunities available to individuals.
- It enables individuals to start their own consultancy.
- It helps develop skills of different taxation, finance, and accounting professionals.
- It offers a classroom-environment for better learning along with structured course content.