Aadhaar Card is a unique 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to every resident of India. It serves as a proof of identity and address across the country.
What is Aadhaar Card?
Any resident of India, regardless of age, gender, or citizenship, can apply for an Aadhaar Card. Non-resident Indians (NRIs) and foreign nationals residing in India for more than 182 days are also eligible to apply.
Who can apply for Aadhaar Card?
– Proof of Identity: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID card, Driving license, etc.
– Proof of Address: Passport, Voter ID card, Ration card, Driving license, etc.
What documents do you need to apply for Aadhaar Card?
1. Visit the enrollment center with the required documents.
2. Provide your biometric data (fingerprints, iris scan, and photograph).
3. Verify your details and collect the acknowledgment slip.
How to enroll for Aadhaar Card?
You can check the status of your Aadhaar Card application online by visiting the UIDAI website and entering your enrollment ID and date and time of enrollment.
How to check your Aadhaar Card application status?
After the enrollment process is complete, it may take up to 90 days for your Aadhaar Card to be issued and delivered to your address. You can also check the status of your Aadhaar Card delivery on the UIDAI website.
How long does it take to receive your Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar Card is a crucial document that serves as proof of identity and address across India. It enables you to access government services and subsidies, open bank accounts, and apply for loans, among other things.
Why is Aadhaar Card important?
Step-by-Step Guide to Online Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration