Details of Trademark Classes
Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry; unprocessed artificial resins, unprocessed plastics; manures; fire extinguishing compositions; temering and soldering preparations; chemical substances for preserving foodstuffs; tanning substances; adhesives used in industry.
Paints, varnishes, lacquers; preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood; colorants; mordents; raw natural resins; metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and arts.
Bleaching preparations and other substances for laundry use: cleaning, polishing, scouring and abrasive preparations; soaps; perfumery, essential oils, cosmetics, hair lotions; dentifrices.
Industrial oils and greases; lubricants; dust absorbing, wetting and binding compositions; fuels (including motor and illuminants; candles, wicks.
Pharmaceutical, veterinary and sanitary preparations; dietetic substances adapted for medical use, food for babies; plasters, materials for dressings; material for stopping teeth, dental wax; disinfectants; preparations for destroying vermin; fungicides, herbicides.
Common metals and their alloys; metal building materials; transportable buildings of metal; materials of metal for railway tracks; non-electric cables and wires of common metal; ironmongery, small item of metal hardware; pipes and tubes of metal; safes; goods of common metal not included in other classes; ores.
Machines and machine tools; motors (except for land vehicles); machine coupling and belting (except for land vehicles); agricultural implements; incubators for eggs.
Hand tools and implements (hand operated); cutlery, forks and spoons; side arms; razors.
Computers, their peripherals, software, scientific, nautical, surveying, electric, weighing, measuring, photographic, cinematographic, optical, signaling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines and data processing equipment; fire-extinguishing apparatus.
Surgical, medical, dental and veterinary apparatus and instruments, artificial limbs, eyes and teeth; orthopedic articles; suture materials.
Apparatus for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply and sanitary purposes.
Vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water.
Firearms; ammunition and projectiles; explosives; fireworks.
Precious metals and their alloys and goods in precious metals or coated therewith, not included in other classes; jewellary, precious stones; hierological and chronometric instruments.
Musical instruments and supplies.
Paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, not included in other classes; printer matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; artistic materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisitions (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus) plastic materials for packaging (not included in other classes); playing cards; printers' type; printing blocks.
Rubber, gutta-percha, gum, asbestos, mica and goods made from these materials and not included in other classes; plastics in extruded form for use in manufacture; packing, stopping and insulating materials; flexible pipes, not metal.
Leather and imitations of leather, and goods made of these materials and not included in other classes; animal skins, hides; trunks and traveling bags; umbrellas, parasols and walking sticks; whips, harness and saddelry.
Building materials (non-metallic); non-metallic rigid pipes for building; asphalt, pitch and bitumen; non-metallic transportable buildings; monuments, not of metal.
Furniture, mirrors, picture frames; goods (not included in other classes) of wood, cork, reed, cane, wicker, horn, bone, ivory, whalebone, shell, amber, mother-of-pearl, meerschaum and substitutes for all these materials, or of plastics.
Household or kitchen utensils and containers (not of precious metal or coated therewith); combs and sponges; brushes (except paint brushes); brush-making materials; articles for cleaning purposes; steel wool; unworked or semi-worked glass (except glass used in building); glassware, porcelain and earthenware not included in other classes.
Ropes, string, nets, tents, awnings, tarpaulins, sails, sacks and bags (not included in other classes); padding and stuffing materials (except of rubber or plastics); raw fibrous textile materials.
Yarns and threads, for textile use.
Textiles and textile goods, not included in other classes; bed and table covers.
Clothing, footwear, headgear.
lace and embroidery, ribbons and braid; buttons, hooks and eyes, pins and needles; artificial flowers.
Carpets, rugs, mats and matting, linoleum and other materials for covering existing floors; wall hangings (non-textile).
Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees.
Meat, fish, poultry, and game; meat extracts; preserved, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; jellies, jams; eggs, milk and milk products; edible oils and fats; salad dressings; preserves.
Coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar, rice, tapioca, sago, artificial coffee; flour and preparations made from cereals, bread, pastry and confectionery; honey, treacle; yeast, baking-powder; salt, mustard, vinegar, sauces (except salad dressings); spices; ice.
Agricultural, horticultural and forestry products and grains not included in other classes; living animals; fresh fruits and vegetables; seeds, natural plants and flowers; foodstuffs for animals, malt.
Beers; mineral and aerated waters and other non-alcoholic drinks; fruit drinks and fruit juices; syrups and other preparations for making beverages.
Alcoholic beverages (except beers).
Tobacco; smokers' articles; matches.
- Advertising and Business This class includes mainly services rendered by persons or organizations principally with the object of:
Insurance and Financial This class includes mainly services rendered in financial and monetary affairs and services rendered in relations to insurance contracts of all kinds.
Construction and Repair This class includes mainly services rendered by contractors or subcontractors in the construction or making of permanent buildings, as well as services rendered by persons or organizations engaged in the restoration of objects to their original condition or in their preservation without altering their physical or chemical properties.
Communication This class includes mainly services allowing at least one person to communicate with another by a sensory means.
- Such services include those which;
- Allow a person to talk to another,
- Transmit messages from one person to another, and
- place a person in oral or visual communication with another (radio and television).
Transportation and Storage This class includes mainly services rendered in transporting people or goods from one place to another (by rail, road, water, air or pipeline) and services necessarily connected with such transport, as well as services relating to the storing of goods in a warehouse or other building for their preservation or guarding. In addition the class also includes storage on magnetic media.
Material Treatment This class includes mainly services not included in other classes, rendered by the mechanical or chemical processing or transformation of objects or inorganic or organic substances.
Education and Entertainment This class contains mainly services rendered by persons or institutions in the development of the mental faculties of persons or animals, as well as services intended to entertain or to engage the attention of others.
NEW SERVICES CLASSES - EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2002
Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto: industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software; legal services. Explanatory NoteClass 42 Includes mainly services provided by persons, individually or collectively, in relation to the theoretical and practical aspects of complex fields of activities; such services are provided by members of professions such as chemists, physicists, engineers, computer specialists, lawyers, etc.
- The services of engineers who undertake evaluations, estimates, research and reports in the scientific and technological fields
- Scientific research services for medical purposes This Class does not include, in particular :
- Business research and evaluations (Cl. 35);
- Word processing and computer file management services (Cl. 35);
- Financial and fiscal evaluations (Cl. 36);
- Mining and oil extraction (Cl. 37);
- Computer (hardware) installation and repair services (Cl. 37);
- Services provided by the members of professions such as medical doctors, veterinary surgeons, psychoanalysts (Cl. 44);
- Medical treatment services (Cl. 44);
- Garden design (Cl. 44).
Temporary accommodations Services for providing food and drink; Explanatory Note Class 43 Includes mainly services provided by persons or establishments whose aim is to prepare food and drink for consumption and services provided to obtain bed and board in hotels, boarding houses or other establishments providing temporary accommodations.This Class includes, in particular:
- Reservation services for travellers' accommodations, particularly through travel agencies or brokers;
- Boarding for animals. This Class does not include, in particular:
- Rental services for real estate such as houses, flats, etc., for permanent use (Cl. 36);
- Arranging travel by tourist agencies (Cl. 39);
- Preservation services for food and drink (Cl. 40); discotheque services (Cl. 41);
- Boarding schools (Cl. 41);
- Rest and convalescent homes (Cl. 44).
Personal and social services rendered by others to meet the needs of individuals; security services for the protection of property and individuals.Explanatory Note This Class includes, in particular:
- Investigation and surveillance services relating to the safety of persons and entities;
- Services provided to individuals in relation with social events, such as social escort services, matrimonial agencies, funeral services. This Class does not include, in particular:
- Professional services giving direct aid in the operations or functions of a commercial undertaking (Cl. 35);
- Services relating to financial or monetary affairs and services dealing with insurance (Cl. 36);
- Escorting of travellers (Cl. 39);
- Security transport (Cl. 39);
- Services consisting of all forms of education of persons (Cl. 41);
- Performances of singers and dancers (Cl. 41);
- Legal services (Cl. 42);
- Services provided by others to give medical, hygienic or beauty care for human beings or animals (cl. 44);
- Certain rental services (consult the Alphabetical List of Services and General Remark (b) relating to the classification of services). Services to be transferred from old Class 42 to new service classes