67 total views, 6 views today
GST Registration For Proprietorship in India
While many businesses have enrolled/migrated to GST, many are yet to register the same. Registration of any business entity under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique GST number from the concerned tax authority for the purpose of collecting tax on behalf of the government and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on the inward supplies.
Documents required for GST Registration for Proprietorship Firm:
The following documents must be submitted by persons or entities applying for GST registration.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Photograph of the sole proprietor
- Bank account details- a copy of the canceled cheque or bank statement
- Address proof of office-
Rented office – Rent agreement and No objection certificate (NOC) from the owner Own office – Copy of electricity bill/landline bill/water bill/municipal khata copy/ property tax receipt
The Process of GST Registration for Proprietorship Firm:
Any Companies or Firm or person buying or selling goods or providing services have to register themselves under Goods and Services Tax (GST) to avail the benefits of input tax credit.
GST registration for E-commerce operator can be done online on the website of Goods and Services Tax wherein a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) for the application is generated.
- Login to the GST Online Portal.
- Fill up Form Part-A (PAN, Mobile No., and E-mail).
- The Portal verifies your detail by OTP/E-mail.
- Upload the required documents.
- Access and fill in Part B using the received number.
- You will get the Application Reference Number.
- The GST Officer starts verifying your documents.
- The GST Officer either rejects or accepts your application within 7 working days.
- In case of any further proofs or clarifications required, one must Provide the same.
- After all the clarifications GSTN number shall be allotted to you.