1,941 total views, 12 views today
Posted on October 28, 2021
Patta Chitta – How to Apply Online, Check the status & Validity
A tremendous change in technology has made everything to be digitized. When it comes to maintaining the land records, digitization is the welcoming change in the Land & Revenue administration. The Government of Tamilnadu had made a rapid change and improved to manage state’s land records online. State launches an online portal to maintain the landlord’s online records efficiently. If you want to know about the Patta Chitta, how to apply your land records online, check the status and Validity of your application, go through this article.
What Is Patta Chitta?
As per the government, a Patta Chitta is a record that denotes the ownership of land. This record is kept in a Taluk office which specifies the ownership portions of the landholding. Patta is the revenue document that details all the previous owners back to the specified date. Chitta is a part of patta that provides the information of the ownership of land belonging to a particular person.
What Is Patta?
A patta is a revenue record of the land issued by the government of India, and it is also known as the Record of Rights (ROR). The details in the patta include Patta number, district name, corresponding taluk and village, owners name, wetland/dry land, survey number and subdivision, area of land and tax details.
What Is Chitta?
A Chitta contains details regarding the area, size and ownership of the property. The Village Administration Officer will maintain these details. Also, it includes the nature of the land, whether it is dry or wetland.
Since 2015 Patta and Chitta have been merged into a single document which is now called Patta Chitta.
What are the documents required to apply for Patta Chitta?
- Photocopy of the sale deed with the original copy
- Any proof of possession of the property. It includes an electricity bill, tax payment receipt or even the encumbrance certificate.
- These documents establish your legal possession of the property.
- Before you apply the Patta Chitta collect the required documents.
How to apply online for a Patta Chitta?
If you want to know about applying for a Patta Chitta online, here are the following steps that help you to apply easily.
- Visit the official website of the Government of Tamil Nadu – https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html – to apply for revenue services.
2. Next, click the quick link given as ‘View Patta & FMB/Chitta/TSLR Extract.
3. A new page will open on the screen, where you select the corresponding district and area type, whether rural or urban.
4. After filling up and submitting the details, you will direct to the Land Records – View TSLR Extract. You have to fill the taluk, town, ward, block, and enter one of the survey numbers and subdivision numbers related to the patta number on this page. After that, it enters the authentication value.
- Ensure that you have filled the mandatory details correctly and then click submit.
- After filling the application, you have to pay the statutory fee of Rs 100.
- Upon accepting the fees, the Town Survey Land Register will verify the details and provide you with a certificate online which contains the information about the specific land or property. This certificate contains vital information about the materials like land locality, construction type, survey number and municipal door
How to check the status of your Patta Chitta Online?
Once you have applied for the Patta Chitta online, you can check its status on the website.
- Visit the website – https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
- Click the link – Know your application status. You will direct to the application status page.
- Enter Application Id and authentication value and click the get status button.
- Now, you will receive the results of your applied status.
- Make use of the application ID to check the Validity of the Patta Chitta online.
How to check the Validity of the Patta Chitta?
Checking the Validity of the Patta Chitta is simple. Follow the below steps to check the Validity of the Patta Chitta certificate.
- Visit Tamil Nadu Government e-Services Portal – https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
- Click on ‘Verify Patta Order copy’. You will direct to the Land Records – OrderCopy page.
- Enter Application ID and authentication value and click the submit button.
- The Validity of the Patta Chitta will be displayed on your screen
How to transfer Patta Chitta?
If you want to apply for the transfer of Patta, you need to approach the respective tahsildar’s office. Carry the original documents with photocopies of the sale deed, electricity bill, tax receipts, and encumbrance certificate when you apply to transfer Patta Chitta.
The concerned department verifies the documents, and based on the information, the application may get accepted or rejected. Patta Chitta transfer charge is Rs 100 only.
Steps to process the change of your name in patta
On the official website, you cannot change the name of the patta. Only it is possible by making a physical visit to the administrative office. When you visit the office, ask the relevant form to change the name in patta. Keep the sale deed, electricity bill, tax receipts and encumbrance certification in hand. Fill the form and sign it with the attested documents. It will take around 30 days to issue the new patta.
Services on the mobile app
You can find the TN Patta Chitta app on the android application. You can download it and make use of the application to access the land records from your phone.
Other requirements of Patta Chitta
To benefit the farmers, Tamil Nadu government is launching economic development schemes. If you want to benefit from the schemes, submit your documents including the family’s annual income, ration card, family card, GST number, proof of residence and community certificate, along with Patta/Chitta.
Is Patta Chitta, adangal, available across Tamil Nadu?
Yes, Adangal is available online across various districts in Tamil Nadu.
Patta Chitta is important legal evidence when buying or selling any land property. The Government of Tamil Nadu has taken adequate measures to help people apply for Patta Chitta online. If you want to get the Patta Chitta online, follow the above steps and make your process easy. Need to get more details? Discuss with the Patta Chitta customer care on the official website of the Government of Tamil Nadu.