Copyright registration can be obtained for both published and unpublished works. Copyright registration can be obtained by applying to the Copyright Office for registration of work under copyright laws in the prescribed form along with the necessary fee.
- Application for copyright registration must be made on “Form IV” along with the “Statement of Particulars and Statement of Further Particulars”.
- Along with the application, three copies of published work should be sent.
- If the work to be registered is unpublished, a copy of the manuscript has to be sent along with the application for affixing the stamp of the Copyright Office in proof of the work having been registered.
- In case two copies of the manuscript are sent, one copy of the same duly stamped will be returned, while the other will be retained, as far as possible, in the Copyright Office for record and will be kept confidential.
- Copyright application can be signed and submitted by the applicant or an Advocate in whose favour the Power of Attorney has been executed by the Applicant.