174 total views, 3 views today
Posted on November 25, 2021
SBI Net Banking – Registration, Login, Balance Checking and Steps to Transfer Money
SBI or the State Bank of India is one of the oldest and the Nationalized Bank which has been serving India and its citizens since 1955. It is coming under the ownership of the Government of India.
Ranging from deposits services to providing loans this bank has been the boon of our economy enabling us to transact with ease and simplicity. Net banking service is one of major services provided by bank and can be easily registered for accessing online portal. It can also be availed by personally visiting the nearest branch of the bank whereby a net banking kit shall be provided.
Registering for SBI Net Banking Services
In case a user would want to register himself for the net banking services of SBI, the following criteria shall be satisfied:
– The user or applicant should be holding an account with the SBI
– The mobile number of such applicant should be linked with the SBI bank account
– The user should be holding a valid ATM card pertaining to the bank account with SBI
– He should not have visited the branch of SBI personally and applied for net banking services.
Once it is ensured that he satisfies the above-specified criteria, he should follow the below-given steps for availing the registration for net banking services under SBI:
- Access the online service portal of SBI namely https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- It will open the home page of the portal in which you have to click on the tab, ‘New User Registration/Activation’.
iii. There will be a pop-up window appearing on the screen, which will ask to confirm if the applicant has not received the internet banking kit from the branch for which the user should click the button named, ‘OK’.
- Now, select the tab named, ‘New Registration’ from the drop-down menu appearing here. And then click the ‘Next’ link.
- The applicant will be taken to the next screen where the following details should be filled:
– CIF number
– Branch code (which can be taken by clicking on the ‘Get Branch Code’ option and entering the name of the state and the branch)
– Registered mobile number with the account or bank
– And the facility or service the applicant wants to apply for where there will be two options given: ‘View Limited Transactions or Full Transactions’.
- After entering all the above-said details, enter the captcha code which is given on the screen in the field given for entering the same. It should be entered correctly and click on ‘Submit’.
vii. An OTP would be initiated to the registered mobile number which should be entered in the field given on the screen for entering this OTP. And now click on the button named, ‘Confirm’.
viii. Now select the option namely, ‘I have my ATM Card’ and then click on the button ‘Submit’.
- A screen providing fields to enter the ATM Card details would appear and enter the same after which the button, ‘Submit’ shall be clicked.
- There will be a temporary username displayed on the screen which should be noted down by the applicant.
- And now set a password that would meet all the requirements of the password policy like 1 number, 1 special character, one upper case alphabet, and one lower case alphabet with 8 minimum characters, etc. Then click on the ‘Submit’ button and complete the registration process.
Login to SBI Net Banking Services
The following steps shall be followed by the SBI Net Banking user for login and availing services of the net banking once he obtains the registration:
- Access the online banking portal namely https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Now under the Personal Banking Section choose the button named, ‘Login’.
iii. Enter the user ID and password in the fields given for the same and click the button named, ‘Login’ and access your account.
- If the details are entered correctly, then it would re-direct you and open your net banking account where you can avail yourself of various services and also will have all the information related to your account displayed.
Checking of Account Balance using SBI Net Banking
After login into the net banking account on SBI, the user can go to the Quick Links and click on the ‘Account Summary’ option. This would enlist all the accounts held by the user with the bank.
Now click on the, ‘Click here for Balance’ option against the account number for which the user would like to know the balance and this would help him fetch the balance available.
Transferring Money using SBI Net Banking
Under net banking, for transferring money to any person or user, it is vital that such person or user has been added as a beneficiary to the account. For this, the user would need the beneficiaries name, account number, the name of the bank in which his account is held, and also the IFSC of such bank branch. And then the following steps shall be undertaken for transferring money using net banking service:
- Access the online service portal of SBI for login into the net banking account, https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Under the tab named, ‘Payments/Transfer’, choose ‘Other Bank Transfer’, if the money should be transferred to the account of another bank.
iii. And if the transfer is within the same bank i.e., SBI then clicks on, ‘Accounts of Others – Within SBI’.
- This will lead the user to the next screen where the type of transaction the user would want to make should be chosen and then click on ‘Proceed’.
- Then, from the list of bank accounts held by the user with the bank choose the bank from which the transfer should be made.
- Now enter the amount to be transferred along with which a remark for the transaction can be given in the field given for the same.
vii. And then choose the details of the beneficiary to whom the user would want to transfer the money from the list of beneficiaries added and activated with the bank.
viii. There shall also be an option given to the user to choose from, where he can choose the time for transferring the amount.
- Check the box for agreeing with the terms and conditions provided for the transaction and then click on ‘Submit’.
- A screen shall appear which would show the preview of the details of the transaction. Review the same and ensure if the same is correct. If correct then give, ‘Confirm’.
- This shall initiate a highly secured password on the mobile number registered with account, which should be entered in the field on the screen provided for the same. On correct entering of the same click on ‘Confirm’.
xii. This will authenticate the transaction, and a confirmation message regarding the processing of the transfer of money will be displayed on the web screen.
All or majority of the banks available in the market today are providing their consumers with Net Banking services as online or digital existence has become an important point for every business despite the fact if they belong to the service or product-based industry. And we can say that due to the highly busy and occupied schedule which is held by the consumers today, it is vital they are allowed easy and simple access to their account and account-related activities using such platforms which they can access sitting anywhere around the world.
This will also help the bank reduce the clerical jobs for its employees which would help them spend their time and labor energy on the value-adding services to the bank as an organization.