Parivahan Sewa – Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
The Parivahan Sewa portal, which we briefly evaluate in this blog, has made it possible to complete certification and processes for services related to vehicles and licenses digitally.
The Parivahan Sewa portal is available to anyone in India who wants to learn more about their driving licence (DL), vehicle registration certificate (RC), E-challan, or other services.
The Parivahan Sewa portal intends to automate the procedures in the Indian transport authorities linked to the registration of vehicles and licences, as well as to develop national- and state-level databases of data pertaining to cars or DLs.
Get the Parivahan Sewa App for your Mobile Device
The Parivahan App, which can be downloaded for free from Google Play or the Apple App Store, allows users to access DL and RC services on their mobile devices. English, Hindi, and Marathi are just a few of the languages that can be used with the Parivahan Sewa smartphone app.
The Parivahan app allows you to register a DL and get details about a car. The software also allows you to file a complaint, pay road tax, and more! Users of this app get access to a variety of registration-related information, such as how long their insurance will cover them, the state of their vehicle, and their PUC certification.
Parivahan Sewa Website Provides Access to a Comprehensive Selection of Different Online Services
Vehicle-related services are offered on the Vahan Parivahan Sewa website, including duplicate driving licences and registration certificates as well as registration certificate renewal.
Applicants can submit new licence requests, renew current licences, or pay duplicate fees via Sarathi Parivahan.gov.in. The site also permits facilities such as the following:
- Checkpost tax for vehicle tax collection at check post
- Fancy number booking
- National register or NR services
- National permit authorization
- Trade certificate
- Vahan Green Sewa
Users of Pariwahan.gov.in’s website have access to a variety of information services, including those that let them search up details on their driver’s licence, auto registration, and permits, as well as notices and forms for regulations and policies and other pertinent information.
Payment of Road Taxes made by Parivahan Sewa
No matter if they use their vehicles for personal or business purposes, all vehicle owners are required to pay road tax. The government uses the money it receives from various levies to maintain the roads. Commercial vehicle operators in India are required to pay additional state vehicle taxes at checkpoints along the road before they are permitted to enter another state. Check post tax can now be filed online using the parivahan.gov.in/parivahan website. We have the following details for your reference:
You must first visit the official website, parivahan.gov.in, before you can start the registration process. Select “Check Post Tax” from the menu under “Online Services” on the home page.
- The Parivahan Sewa portal offers login and online services for vehicles and the parts that make them up.
- Open a new window or tab in your browser. Pick the “Tax Payment” option from the drop-down menu at this point.
- The Parivahan Sewa portal provides access to login and other online car services.
- Choose the name of the state you are going to from the “service name selection.” You must press the “Go” button to begin.
- The Parivahan Sewa portal offers login and online services for vehicles and the parts that make them up.
- The application for paying border taxes will now show up on the computer screen. To learn more about your car, click the “Get Details” button and enter the vehicle identification number (VIN). Some of the fields will already be filled in for you.
- The Parivahan Sewa portal provides access to login and other online auto services.
- Filling in the necessary details in the remaining specs is the final stage. Following that, you can pay the amount determined by selecting the “Pay Tax” or “Calculate Tax” option.
You will be directed to the “Checkpost” page after your tax payment is complete. You will receive a receipt, which you are free to keep for your records and print off so that you always have it with you.
Challan Payment for Parivahan Sewa that may be made Online
The Parivahan Sewa’s official website accepts online payments for fines and challans that have been issued to individuals. Please visit the “Check Online Services” section of the E-challan Parivahan website if you require any additional information. Once there, select the “Check Challan Status” link.
One of the following numbers may be utilized to provide the necessary information: a challan number, a vehicle number, or a driver’s license number. The next step is to click “Get Detail” after entering the captcha code.
You may see the most recent status of your electronic challan in the challan status row. Select “Pay Now” from the drop-down menu in the payment column to proceed with a payment. Make the payment once you’ve chosen the method of payment you’ll employ. Your account’s registered mobile number will receive a confirmation message and a transaction ID.
The Required Materials for Submitting an Online Application for a Driver’s License
The Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways is in charge of creating the driving instruction manual. The curriculum is divided into two categories: theoretical and practical. The overall training time for light motor vehicles (LMV) will be 29 hours, or four weeks. Training on several theoretical subjects will take up the remaining time.To apply for a driver’s licence, you must present the following necessary paperwork:
- Fill out the application as completely as possible.
- A birth certificate, Aadhaar card, passport, or PAN card can all be used to prove your age. These are all acceptable forms of identification.
- To prove your identity and provide evidence of your correct residence to prove that you are a state resident, you will need documentation like your driver’s licence or passport.
- Dimensions similar to those of a passport photo
- Filled-in Forms 1 and 1A, both for medical certification.
- You must present proof that you have successfully completed driving training to obtain a commercial driver’s licence.
Recent Announcements from Parivahan Sewa
New standards for driver’s licenses will be in effect starting in July 2022.
To make the procedure for applying for new grants or renewing current ones simpler, the prerequisites for acquiring a driver’s licence in India have recently been changed. Commercial and private motorists will be held responsible for abiding by the new regulations starting on July 1, 2022.
The new rules for driver’s licenses issued by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways would eliminate the requirement for residents to take a driving test for a 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive car at their neighborhood RTO, which stands for Regional Transport Office. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways released these regulations.
All Indians can browse the Parivahan Sewa website to take advantage of services pertaining to driving licenses. You can also use their mParivahan App to register a new vehicle. The VAHAN and SARATHI centralized schemes were introduced by the Indian Road Transport Division. While the earlier operation dealt with automobile registration across India, the latter endeavor provides services for those who require them.
Every Indian who operates a motorbike or a car must be in possession of a number of specified documents, such as an up-to-date driver’s license and a vehicle registration certificate. The recent change in the working paradigm of the Indian Government, which is aiming to expand digital services even to the farthest zones of the nations, has caused RTOs all across the country to place a growing emphasis on the digitalization of services.
The online Parivahan Sewa platform was created by the Department of Road Transport to streamline car registration through automation. Additionally, this has made a substantial contribution to the national- and state-level record-keeping of DL information and automobile registration.
Complete List of Services Provided by Parivahan Sewa Website
Its domain name is parivahan.gov.in. For anyone wishing to create or amend documentation relating to vehicles, this platform provides a complete solution. The following highlights of the website’s services are provided:
- Driving permits, often known as DLs, are the subject of the following main services. You can access these options by going to the Sarathi Parivahan website, where you can renew your driver’s licence, apply for a new one, get a duplicate issued, etc.
- Settlement of a vehicle’s check post-tax
There are several complimentary services offered in addition to these that you should be aware of. On the website for Parivahan Sewa, you can:
- Book a fancy vehicle number
- Apply for national register services
- Secure national permit authorization
- Check whether your vehicle fits into the standard criteria set by the Government of India, this process is called homologation.
- Tour operators can apply for AITP authorization
- Trade certificate issuance
- Vehicle speed limiting services can be availed
- PUCC certificate is issued by pollution checkpoints
- Vehicle recalls take place when an owner of a vehicle fails to maintain the minimum safety standards set by the government declaration. This is put into effect from 1st April 2021.
- Vahan Green Sewa
In addition to all of these, one can use the Parivahan website to access important data about Indian road transportation. This includes personal information like licensing requirements and generic data like policies and rules, permits, vehicle information, transportation legislation, etc. Using the materials on this website, you may also download the necessary documents and certificates online.
How to Pay Road Tax using Parivahan Sewa
Both commercial and private automobiles owned by Indians are subject to road tax. The money obtained by these taxes aids in the construction of roadways. Commercial vehicle owners must pay state vehicle taxes while entering other states.
Online payments are considerably more practical, and we’ve gone over how you may use the Parivahan website’s feature to your benefit in detail.
- Navigate to the “Check post Tax” button after arriving at the Parivahan Sewa official website’s home page. Then, click the “Online services” section link.
- Select the “Tax Payment” option when a new page appears.
- You must now select the state you will be entering. Next, type the “service name.” Press the “Go” button. A new page opens named “Border Tax Payment.” Fill in the vehicle specifications. Many sections will derive data automatically. You need to attend the rest of the fields.
- You may either check the required amount by selecting “Calculate Tax” after everything has been provided or you can choose to pay the tax right away by selecting “Pay tax.”
- The payment window appears on the device screen. Simply choose “Continue” from the menu at this point.
- The check post page opens once the payment has been completed. Create a printed copy of the payment receipt and download it from this page for your records.
E-challan Settlement through Parivahan Sewa Website
One can make payments for issued challans or fines against them through the Parivahan Sewa’s official website. You must go to the E-challan Parivahan platform and choose the option to “Check Challan Status” to accomplish this.
Put the vehicle number or challan number first before beginning to enter the vehicle information. The next step is to disclose the driving licence details. Be sure to complete the captcha field before clicking “Get detail.”
To finish the transaction, go to the payment column. The registered phone number receives the Transaction ID and written confirmation status of the transaction.
Driving License Application Status Verification Process
You can check the validity of your driving license by going to the Parivahan Sewa’s official website after passing the driving license test.
Here, we share with you the step-by-step process:
- You can check the validity of your driving license by going to the Parivahan Sewa’s official website after passing the driving licence test.
- The official SARATHI internet platform launches. The official website of the relevant state transport authority loads. Then, select “Application Status.” This button is located at the top-right corner of the page.
- On the following screen, enter the required data, including the application ID, DOB, and subsequent captcha solution. You can now click the “Submit” button to check the status of your application.
How to Check your RC Status Online?
Visit the Parivahan Govt. official website to get started, then choose “Vehicle-Related Services.” This choice is available under “Online Services.”
- After being redirected to a new tab, use the dropdown box to select the relevant state.
- Select the option—“vehicle registration number.”
- Type the number, select the correct RTO, and then hit the “Proceed” button.
- Locate the “Status” option and choose the “Know application status” option from the submenu.
- Fill out the RC application information, complete the captcha, and then click the “Submit” button. Finally, select “View Report.” The device screen properly displays the RC status.
Parivahan Sarathi Sewa is a brand, new website that was developed by the Ministry of Roads, Transport, and Highways. According to the Indian legislation, applicants for a driving licence must first get a learner’s permit.
The details of all the Parivahan Sewa vehicles are provided on this portal. There are options for states like Sarathi Parivahan Haryana, Delhi, Maharashtra, Bihar, Gujarat, and the United States of America. Sarathi Parivahan Jharkhand Sarathi Parivahan, etc., from Odisha
|Department Name||Government of India, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways|
|Portal Name||Sarthi Parivahan Sewa (mParivahan)|
|Beneficiaries||People of India|
|The main purpose||Grant of driving license for car/bike/truck, etc.|
|Official website||Click Here|
For all Indian states, the National Information Centre (NIC) has created software. The congestion at the transportation department has been reduced, and accountability and transparency are now available thanks to the VAHAN portal for vehicle registration and Sarathi for online DL applications.
The task of standardizing and deploying the software VAHAN for vehicle registration and SARATHI for driving licenses, as well as the compilation of data regarding vehicle registration and driving licenses of all the states in the State Register and National Register, was given to the NIC by Sarathi Parivahan of the Ministry.
The major goal of the Sarathi Parivahan Sewa program is to offer the transport department and people better service regarding tasks related to vehicle registration and driving licenses. This plan’s adoption will allow for the sporadic fast implementation of government programs.
Services Available on Sarathi Parivahan Sewa
On Sarathi Parivahan (mParivahan), you can take advantage of a wide range of services, some of which are listed below:
- Learner Driving License
- Driving license
- Conductor license
- Driving School License
- Appointment for Dl related
- Documents upload
- DL fee submission
- Application Status
- Search driving license
- Add a class of vehicle
- Withdraw your service
Benefits of Sarathi Parivahan Portal
- The nation’s inhabitants can apply for a driving license online from the comfort of their homes using this portal.
- The sarathi parivahan portal can be used to renew an old driver’s license.
- A driver’s license is also a kind of identification.
- You can obtain a driving school license(DSL) with the aid of the Sarathi Portal.
- You can use this portal to check the progress of your driving license after you’ve applied online.
- Through this service, duplicate driving licenses can also be made.
Application Fee for Driving License
The amount of the cost for each type of vehicle is depicted in the table below. Take in more information from the downloaded rows and columns.
|Learning Driving License||INR 200|
|Renewal of Learner DL||INR 200|
|New Driving License Fees||INR 200|
|Driver LicenseTest Fee||INR 300|
|Driver LicenseRenewal Fee||INR 200|
|Driving School License Fee/Renewal||INR 10,000|
|Renewal Driving LicenseIssuance Fee||INR 200|
|Any Appeal against RTO||INR 200|
|Duplicate Driving School LicenseIssuance Fee||INR 5,000|
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The applicant’s age must be at least 18.
List of Identity Proof
- Voter ID card
- Bank passbook
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Voter ID card
In the digital age, things are changing and growing swiftly. We are now digital, and as our country grows, it is referred to as “Digital India.” In order to provide residents with better access to services via mobile applications from the government, the Ministry of Roads and Highways has launched the Mparivahan application or Mparivahan app.
The Mparivahan application status has made it possible for residents to quickly access online services or facilities related to the highway transport offices, as well as all active RC/DL numbers, from any location and at any time.
The Mparivahan App has automated more than 1300 RTO offices. Because of the road transportation industry’s digitalization, people now have easier access to top-notch facilities. The nature of the RTO workplace has also changed.
Significance of Mparivahan App
Nowadays, the smartphone is the gadget that everyone uses, and its use has become the norm for all of us. The government has introduced an app called Mparivahan App with this in mind.
The Ministry of Road Transport and National Highways has released the Mparivahan App. The government is attempting to establish a connection with the populace through online services, and the internet is the ideal medium for doing so.
The Mparivahan App can be used to obtain all the fundamental details about the vehicle or to register the vehicle number. In the event that your automobile is towed, you can also create a virtual RC, pay road fees, and obtain a driving license.
Main Purpose of Mparivahan App
The primary goal of the government in releasing this app is to facilitate a digital dialogue among all citizens and to improve things.
- The Mparivahan App is the most crucial tool for all of us because it allows you to acquire any kind of vehicle-related information.
- By utilizing this app, you may report any wrongdoing in your neighborhood or local region. For example, if you see someone breaking traffic laws or without wearing a helmet, you can simply take a picture of them and upload it to the mparivahan app.
- You only need to enter the vehicle number into the Mparivahan app after it has been installed to view the following information about your car.
- Insurance validity
- Vehicle fitness validity
- Pollution under control (PUC) certificate
Highlights of mParivahan
|Launched By||Shri. Nitin Gadkari|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
|Launch year||January 2017|
|App available for||Android and IOS|
|Developed By||National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|Official website||parivahan.gov.in – Click Here|
Advantages of Using mParivahan App
- The use of an Mparivahan App offers the primary benefit of making work simple and hassle-free.
- With the help of this app, we may get information on any vehicle by simply entering the registration number.
- With the help of this App, we can easily access details on driving permits and practise tests for driving permits.
- Additionally, the Parivahan App offers details about secondhand or preowned cars.
The time that Indians formerly spent filling out this mandatory documentation related to transportation has significantly decreased thanks to online help regulations created by the Indian Government. Additionally, this has raised public knowledge and decreased ignorance among those who previously avoided taking the essential actions. We anticipate that this blog will be a little first step in enlightening the curious reader in this area.