Provisional GST Number in India
Every business entity registered under the Goods & Services Tax (GST) in India is assigned a unique identification number called GSTIN or GST Identification Number. Like the state VAT law, where the state tax department assigns dealers a personal TIN number, the Central Board of Excise and Customs posts the GST registration number to service providers.
Under the GST tax scheme, multiple identification numbers are replaced with a single registration number known as GSTIN, streamlining the administrative process and promoting compliance for better tax collection.
Provisional GST Identification Number in Brief:
- The GSTIN is a state-wise PAN-based Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number of 15 digits. Here’s a breakdown of its structure:
- State Code: The first two digits of the GSTIN represent the state code based on the Indian Census 2011. For example, Maharashtra is meant by “27” and Bihar by “10”.
- PAN Number: The next ten digits of the GSTIN correspond to the PAN number of the taxpayer.
- Registration Count: The 13th digit indicates the number of registrations an entity has within a state for the same PAN. It is an alphanumeric value, ranging from 1-9 and then A-Z, assigned based on the number of registrations a legal entity has within a state.
- Unused Digit: The fourteenth digit currently serves no purpose and is defaulted to “Z”.
- Checksum Code: The last digit of the GSTIN is a checksum code used for error identification through summation.
How to Check Provisional GST Identification Number of Any Business You Need?
Implementing GST has raised several doubts and queries among trading units nationwide. To address this, the government has introduced a GSTIN finder tool, which serves as an investigative tool for individuals to determine whether a business, regardless of its size, is registered under GST for E-commerce operations.
What are the GST and GSTIN?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax, a unified tax system implemented in India to replace multiple indirect taxes. GSTIN refers to the unique identification number assigned to businesses under the GST regime.
The Importance of Company Registration and GST Registration:
Company registration and GST registration hold significant importance for businesses. Proper company registration ensures legal recognition and establishes a solid foundation for operations. On the other hand, GST registration enables businesses to comply with tax regulations and be part of the unified taxation system in India. It also allows companies to claim input tax credits and facilitates smoother transactions within the GST network.
How to Enroll for GST and Obtain a Provisional ID through the Government Portal?
- Visit the official GST portal and click the “New User” registration option.
- Fill in the necessary details such as PAN, email address, and mobile number.
- An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address for VERIFICATION.
- Complete the registration form by providing the required information, including business details, address, and bank account details.
- Once the enrollment form is submitted, a provisional ID and password will be generated.
What is an Enrollment Number?
An enrollment number is a unique identification number assigned to businesses during the GST enrollment process. It serves as a temporary identification until the final GSTIN is issued.
How to Obtain a Provisional ID and Password?
Businesses receive a provisional ID and password during the GST enrollment process. These credentials allow businesses to access the GST portal and complete the registration process.
Documents Required for Registration:
To complete the GST registration process, the following documents are typically required:
- PAN Card of the business or entity
- Proof of business registration, such as a Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership Deed, or Registration Certificate
- Identity and address proof of the business owner or authorized signatory
- Bank account details of the business
- Proof of business address, such as a utility bill or rent agreement
Registration Process: The process involves submitting the necessary documents and information through the GST portal. Once the application is verified, the GSTIN is issued to the business entity.
How can Kanakkupillai simplify the GST Enrollment and Provisional ID Process?
At Kanakkupillai, we assist with GST enrollment and obtaining a Provisional ID. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to proceed with GST enrollment through our services:
- Visit our website at www.kanakkupillai.com and navigate to the GST registration section.
- Fill in the required details in the provided form, such as your name, and contact information.
- Our team of experts will contact you to gather additional information and understand your specific requirements.
- We will guide you through the documentation process and advise you on the documents needed for GST enrollment. Commonly required documents include your PAN card, identity proof, address proof, and bank account details.
- Once we have all the necessary information and documents, our experts will prepare and submit your GST enrollment application on your behalf.
- After applying, you will receive a Provisional ID and password from the GST portal. This will allow you to log in to the GST portal and complete the registration process.
- Our team will assist you in setting up your account on the GST portal and guide you through the remaining steps to obtain your final GSTIN.
By availing of our services at Kanakkupillai, you can ensure a seamless and hassle-free process for GST enrollment and obtaining a Provisional ID. Our experienced professionals will provide expert guidance and handle the necessary paperwork, allowing you to focus on your business operations.
[su_button url=”https://www.kanakkupillai.com/online-gst-registration” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#2ecc71″ size=”15″ center=”yes” radius=”5″]Get GST Registration Online in India at Low Cost [/su_button]
Understanding the Provisional GST Identification Number (GSTIN) is crucial for businesses operating in India. By following the state-wise structure of GSTIN, businesses can ensure compliance and benefit from the advantages of GST registration. Company registration and GST registration go hand in hand, providing legal recognition and facilitating seamless tax compliance in the nation.