282 total views, 6 views today
Posted on December 17, 2021
Trademark Renewal in Tamil Nadu
Trademark is a registration which is taken by the business for distinguishing the goods or services which are catered or sold by them from the one’s sold by the rival or competitors in the market or the same industry. But it should be ensured that these trademarks are free of:
– Offensive elements
– Not different from other trademark registrations taken already
– Is having government logos or emblems in the same.
If any of the above is contained, then the registration application for the trademark will be rejected. The registered trademark will be holding the validity for only 10 years and will have to be renewed prior to that. The renewal gate shall be open 6 months prior to the effective date of expiry.
On the failure of the trademark registration holder to renew such registration, the trademark will be removed from the register of trademarks or the Trademarks Journal after the expiry of 12 months from the date of expiry. The registrar shall also send a notice remarking the expiry of the trademark prior to the date of expiry. And the renewal can also be done within a period of 6 to 12 months after the date of expiry by payment of the fine.
Trademark Renewal in the State of Tamil Nadu
The checklist for renewing the trademark in the state of Tamil Nadu would be as follows:
– The trademark should be held in the name of the entity or the business owner located in the state of Tamil Nadu.
– It should be 6 months away from the date of expiry.
– There should not be any conflict existing and if so, an expert opinion should be sorted by the applicant for the same.
– An application for the renewal of a trademark should be prepared after complying with the required points.