FSSAI launched the Food Safety Compliance System (FSSAI FoSCoS) on 1st June 2020, replacing the existing online registration system of FLRS. FSSAI has launched FoSCoS for the States/UTs of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Gujarat, Goa, Odisha, Manipur, Delhi, Chandigarh and Ladakh.
Food Business Operators (FBO) in India must obtain FSSAI registration for the manufacturing, processing, storage, distribution and sale of food products. FSSAI registration is done online on the FSSAI website through the Food Licensing and Registration System.
Currently, the FBOs having License or Registration of premises at Indian Railways and concerned authorities will continue to operate at FLRS, i.e. the old FSSAI website, till FSSAI makes any further announcement. The Food Business Operators (pan-India) will also continue to receive consumer grievances, and they will respond to these grievances in a time-bound manner at FLRS only until the upgraded version of the Consumer Grievance Module is developed in FSSAI FoSCoS.
Key Features of Food Safety Compliance System (FSSAI FoSCoS)
The following are the important features of the new Food Safety Compliance System (FSSAI FoSCoS):
- Enhanced processing speed along with higher user traffic handling capability and a salable system architecture that can support future upgrades and the addition of modules.
- FSSAI FoSCoS to be a one-stop Food Safety Compliance Portal designed to support integration with other FSSAI Applications.
- The paradigm shift in Licensing for Manufacturers with the selection of Standardized Products rather than entering details in text boxes.
- A User-friendly and self-intuitive Home page providing intelligent search options for License Eligibility criteria and Standardized Products.
- New module for filing Annual Returns online, rather than having to send them manually.
- Inspection reports (from FoSCoRIS) are now available in FSSAI FoSCoS for seamless operations.
- Kind of Business (KoB) specific list of required documents to be uploaded. Also, with Tick box-based online declarations, there is no need to upload signed documents.
- Clearer segregation of Kind of Business (KoB) in FoSCoS. For example, Novel foods have been added as separate categories under Manufacturing.
- FSSAI FoSCoS application form captures PAN Number, CIN Number and GST Number, which can provide authentication and 360-degree profiling of FBOs in future.
- The improved menu list and Dashboards for Licensing and Registering Authorities aligned with different Application Stages and related pendency.