345 total views, 9 views today
Posted on April 24, 2021
FSSAI License Food Registration in India
Food Licensing and Registration System Provides the Food License also Known as FSSAI License, Which determines the Food Quality. A Food Licensed person only Authorized to sell his Food. As per Section 31(1) of FSS Act, 2006 Food Licensing is mandatory for Food Business Operators in India.
The Food Safety department in 2006 has made FSSAI License compulsory for every food business and food product. In order to make easy availability to customers safe and standardized foods, this FSSAI registration process is put into use.
According to the FSSAI Food Business Regulation Act, only trivial food manufactures and sellers can begin food business without registration process (FSSAI), Only FSSAI licensed/registered person allowed to Sell Food Products. This trivial food business includes an individual or a group of people sells food, hawker, temporary stallholder and distributing food to any social gatherings or religious meetings. Apart from these businesses, if anyone needs to start a food-related business must possess an FSSAI registration process. The following are the eligibility, fee and documents required for an FSSAI Registration/License.
Eligibility to FSSAI License
- Each food business owner who has an annual turnover that does not cross the income of INR 12 Lakhs per year.
- Any food retailer who deals in food products.
- An individual who manufactures or sells any food product by themselves.
- If the temporary stallholder carryout the food product sales.
- Any cottage or food industry or small-scale industry that deals in the food business and has a food production capacity of up to 100 KGS or 100 LTRS per day. But this production capacity does not include the meat production and meal production.
- Any small-scale industry that deals in the food business, and procures, collects and handles up to 500 LTRS of milk each day.
- Any food industry or small-scale industry that has the slaughtering capacity of accommodating two large animals or ten small animals or fifty poultry birds per day.
- An individual who distributes food in any religious or social gathering except a caterer.
Documents Required to Apply For an FSSAI License
- Proof of photograph.
- Any Id proof such as AADHAAR, Voter ID, PASSPORT, or PAN.
- Proof of premises possession – In case any difference as mentioned in ID Proof.
- Declaration form.
FSSAI Registration and FSSAI License
The small-scale food businesses should obtain FSSAI registration by filing the FORM A from food safety department. The registration application can be rejected within seven days by the authorities of Food Safety dept after intimation in writing. Once this registration is processed, you can use this and start your business. This FSSAI registration should be displayed in the place of food business every time.
Any entity that does not come under a small-scale business should get an FSSAI license for operating a food business in India. This FSSAI license is of two types, the first is State FSSAI License and the other one is Central FSSAI License. Depending on the nature and size of the business, this authority would change. Transporters, manufacturer and importers of food products dealing in a large scale food business need a central FSSAI license. On the other hand, the state FSSAI license is mandatory for medium-sized food processors, manufacturers and transporters.
The FSSAI license application is registered through Form B to the concerned food safety Licensing Authority along with the mandatory self-attested declaration, annexures, and affidavit. This license is granted for a span between 1 and 5 years as requested by the food business owner. The more the years are the more the license cost would be, and in case if the registration is obtained for 1 to 2 years, then this FSSAI license can be also renewed by filing another application within 30 days of the expiry date of the current FSSAI license.
FSSAI Certificate Cost
- FSSAI Certificate Cost for new Application Fees is Rs. 7500 for 1 year.
- FSSAI License/Certificate Renewal Fees is Rs. 7500 for 1 Year.
- FSSSAI License/Certificate Modification Fees is Rs. 7500 for 1 year
Documents Required for FSSAI Central License
- Form-B duly signed and completed by the owner or proprietor.
- Blueprint or layout of the business area location.
- Contact details of the Business Directors.
- List and details of the types of machinery and Equipment.
- Details of food items to be manufactured
- Owner’s photo ID and address proof issued by the Government of India. In the case of a company, the Directors photo ID /address proof.
- Water report analysis report from a recognized public health laboratory.
- Proof of premises possession.
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing carbonated water or mineral from hazardous sources.
- Copy of the license and NOC from the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate.
- Source of milk( if applicable).
- Source of meat and meat processing units ( if applicable).
- NOC from the municipality and local body (if applicable).
- MCA Incorporation Certificate ( if applicable).
- Supporting proof of turnover( if applicable).
- NOC/PA issued by FSSAI
- IE Code issued by DGFT (The Directorate General of Foreign Trade) for importers.
- Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism ( if applicable).
- Supporting proof of turnover for vehicles, if applicable.
- FSSAI Declaration Form.
FSSAI Central License Fees
FSSAI Central license Fees for 1 Year is Rs 7500, FSSAI registration for 1 Year is 100 rupees. Note: FSSAI License/Certificate can be applied for a maximum period of 5 Years at Once.
- The fees for a new FSSAI license is Rs.7500
- The fees for a renewal FSSAI license is Rs. 7500
- The fees for modification of the FSSAI license is Rs. 7500
- The fees for an FSSAI duplicate license is Rs.10
Documents Required for FSSAI State License
- Form-B duly completed and signed by the owner.
- Blueprint and layout of the area location.
- Contact details of the directors of the business.
- Details of the types of equipment and Machinery.
- Owner’s photo ID and address proof issued by the Government of India.
- List of food category that must be manufactured.
- Authority letter with the name and address of the director or owner.
- Proof of possession of premises.
- Partnership affidavit of proprietorship/owner.
- Copy of License and NOC ( No Objection Certificate) from the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Management System Plan/certificate obtained.
Fee Structure for The FSSAI State License
- A fee of RS. 5,000 is applicable for productions that exceed 1Megaton and for milk units ranging from 10,001 to 50,000 LPD or 501 to 2500 Megaton per annum.
- A fee of Rs. 3,000 is applicable for productions that are below 1 Megaton and for milk units ranging from 501 to 10, 000 LPD (Lighting Power Density ) / 2.5 to 500 Megaton per annum.
- A fee of Rs.5,000 is applicable for hotels ranging till 4 Star.
- A fee of Rs. 2,000 is applicable for All Food Service providers and several other Food Business Operators in the State.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who needs FSSAI License/FSSAI Food License Registration in India?
FSSAI Registration is a fundamental License and it is needed for all the FBO in India associated with the limited scale food business. This classification covers the accompanying organizations: Any FBO with a yearly turnover of not more than Rs. 12 lakh.
What is FSSAI License?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legitimate power that offers a food permit to all food business administrators (FBO) in India. FSSAI Registration guarantees the security of food items and it is basically a food handling testament coursed by the food expert in India.
How do I check the status of my FSSAI food license?
The most effective method to Check FSSAI License Number Online
Enter 14 Digit FSSAI License Number.
Click On Check Validity And Get Basic data.
Login With Your Username And Password.
Get The Details About Your FSSAI License Online.
Is FSSAI license mandatory?
FSSAI Food License Registration is Mandatory compliance that guarantees the safety of food items provided or made by different foundations in India. Every Import Export Traders, manufacturers/makers, restaurants/eateries who are associated with the food business should acquire a 14-digit permit number which is imprinted on their food items/products.
Does homemade food require FSSAI License?
Is FSSAI Compulsory for homemade food selling operators? No, the law orders FSSAI License Registration be accomplished for all home made food selling operators. Nonetheless, The FSSAI License is required just when the yearly turnover is above Rs 12 Lakh.